- This event has passed.
Save the date for the STARS car sharing expert workshop in Bremen!
24 January 2019
The STARS project is happy to invite you to an expert workshop and a site visit on Thursday, 24 January 2019 in Bremen (Germany). This workshop – addressing researchers, policymakers, car sharing operators and transport experts – will inform about the recent STARS research on car sharing:
- A comparative study in Germany shows, that the impact of car sharing on car ownership and mobility behaviour differs strongly between car sharing variants (e.g. free-floating, roundtrip, peer-to-peer). These differences are related to user attitudes and certain operational features of the variants. To increase the impact of some variants, a systematic integration might be needed.
- A study in Italy, Sweden and Germany investigates personal attitudes towards cars and sustainability and identifies a range of different mobility styles with different affinity towards car sharing. The study shows what attitudes trigger conversion to car sharing and multimodal mobility.
- Different car sharing variants can be attractive to different people. Car sharing users profiles based on socioeconomic characteristics and mobility styles have been derived for different countries (Germany, Italy and Sweden) and compared to profiles of people that do not use the service to understand which car sharing schemes are more attractive to them.
To register to the workshop: please send an email to email@example.com
with your name, function/organisation and a phone contact.
Please indicate in your registration email whether you:
- want to join the site visit
- want to attend lunch
- have some dietary or other special needs
The number of participants to this event is limited. Please register by Friday 18th January. There is no extra participation fee for the workshop.